Re: [xml-dev] Re: Schematron: Base URI of included externaldefinitions

Hi Rick,

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 15:03:48 +0100,
Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> [2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Sch:include is not xml:include.
>
> sch:include has no equivalent to xml:base.

I think it depends on the query language binding.

For xslt this would be true because the XPath 1.0 data model [1] does
not have a notion of a base URI.

The query language binding for XSLT2 in Annex H on the other hand
defines the data model to be the data model of XDM constructed from an
infoset or a PSVI.

The XDM used in XSLT2 is "XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model (XDM)
(Second Edition)" [2] and it defines base URI as a required infoset
property.

To rephrase my question: What is supposed to happen with the base URI
infoset property of the included external definition?

Best,
  -- David

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116/#data-model
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/2009/PER-xpath-datamodel-20090421/