[ANN] Markup UK 2019 - Call for Papers

Hello,

We are pleased to announce that the call for papers for Markup UK 2019 is now open.

Markup UK will include two full days of single track sessions, and also this year a pre-conference day.

The conference will be held from Friday 7th to Sunday 9th June 2019 at Bush House, King's College, London, UK.

Markup UK is a conference about XML and other markup languages. The theme this year will be "Beyond the Bricks".

We encourage stories about bringing markup building blocks together to form packaged solutions or frameworks.

We would love to hear about endeavours to shorten the distance between using the bricks and building the house: orchestration, continuous delivery, testing solutions, management, DocOps solutions...

Of course, we welcome quality contributions on any markup-related theme, particularly those about the use of markup in the humanities, linguistics, cultural heritage, publishing, and education:

Conference website: https://markupuk.org/

Call for papers: https://markupuk.org/speakers.xhtml

Registration will open very shortly, along with submission details.

Please note the following important dates:

8th April – Call for papers closes 24th April – Notification to authors 26th May – Final papers due for accepted submissions 7th-9th June – Markup UK 2019 conference

We would like to encourage first-time speakers, so if you have an idea for a paper you would like to discuss, or one that might fill a shorter slot, please get in touch.

Remember that an extended abstract is all that is required at this stage.

If you have any questions, suggestions or are interested in sponsorship, please contact: info at markupuk dot org.

Andrew Sales

On behalf of the Markup UK Organising Committee