Re: [xml-dev] versioning legal documents from many different countries

Hi Bryan,

On Friday, 24 May 2019 3:59:57 PM AWST bryan rasmussen wrote:
> does
> anyone have any experience on this and how usable would you think the
> releasedate_correction_titleofdocument.pdf would prove to be in real life?
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan Rasmussen

just relating my own misadventures with a ripped CD music collection, when the
files were labelled  track#_song-title_album_artist.mp3 and the music software
decides to group all the files togeather in one playlist in alphabetical
order, you tend to end up with 500 track 01.....mp3 files all in one bunch,
followed by 500 02.....mp3 files, etc. Similarly for naively browsing  a large
collection of .pdf files in a folder, navigation would be a PITA if they were
labelled releasedate_correction_titleofdocument.pdf, rather than the reverse
ordered  titleofdocument_correction_releasedate.pdf - where I assume slowest
varrying to fastest varrying ordering of the name components.

Internal file metadata is an immense help, if its there, and when the browsing
software understands it  :-(

Cheers
Doug