Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema: What does <include schemaLocation="" /> mean?

Hi Roger,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
Today, by accident, I omitted the value of schemaLocation in an xs:include, i.e.,

    <xs:include schemaLocation="" />

I think that, if such kind of a statement is present within an XSD document, then it should be ignored by the XSD validator and XSD validator proceeds to using other things present in the schema document. This is what Xerces XSD validator does (I tried with the 1.1 version).

The Oxygen tool put a red squiggly line under it, to alert me. When I hovered my mouse over it, I got this (Saxon) warning message:

    MySchema.xsd recursively includes itself

Looks like a buggy warning?

Is there a use case for doing so?

I don't think that, there is any legitimate use case for such a statement.

I'd be happy to be corrected with right concepts, of course.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi