Re: Judge XML Schema is a literary work but not a database.

"Finally, I have seen in evidence a report from one of the original authors of XML, Mr Liam Quinn, dated 22 June 2016 in which he acknowledges that the XML Schema developed by the Claimants uses proprietary elements and attributes developed by them, which he describes as specific to the IDEA System."

Does anyone know this guy ;)

Anyway I think  part of the judgment is wrong.

https://twitter.com/mazihe/status/1361060295561654272?s=20

The Football Dataco precedent (p127 [29 - 31]) followed to rule that an XSD is not a database is IMO wrong. As the data in an RDB is related via foreign keys no RDB can meet the definition of separability in 127[32] without impermissibly compromising it's referential integrity.