Two hugely significant conversions that XML parsers do

Hi Folks,

An XML parser does two hugely significant conversions.

Suppose we provide input to an XML parser. Here are the conversions that the parser does to the input:

1. The parser converts the characters in the input to Unicode.

2. The parser converts line endings in the input to a linefeed character (hex 0A).

What are the consequences of these conversions?

Answer: your applications can operate on the parsed input with the understanding that the characters are Unicode and the lines end with a linefeed character.

I like the term that Amy used: your applications can _reason_ about the parsed input with the understanding that the characters are Unicode and the lines end with a linefeed character.

/Roger