Re: [xml-dev] Seeking code for Xpath type signature detector

Ha :-) That is exactly what I started on. Then I decided to ask around, because it seems like something that should be floating around.

Rick.

On Sat, 17 Jul. 2021, 00:46 Tony Graham, <tgraham@antenna.co.jp> wrote:
On 16/07/2021 11:18, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> Does anyone have a pointer to code (XSLT or any C-alike) which takes
> an XPath (3.n would be great) and gives you the type signature of
> what it will return?
>
> e.g.   //nook//cranny  will  return  'element('cranny')'  in whatever
>  notation or form.
>
> I am really only concerned with Xpath node types and their names if
> any, not XSD datatypes.

You could start with one of the XPath grammars for the REx Parser
Generator [1], generate a parser in your target language of choice, then
do whatever you want with the representation that the parser generates.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--
Senior Architect