Re: [xml-dev] The Goals of XML at 25, and the one thing that XML nowneeds

Hi Arjun,

Fascinating, fascinating message! Thank you!

> The fact remains that XML is still hideously verbose for just collections
> of name-value pairs (as well as setting traps for the naive who elect to
> put data content into attribute values.)

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "setting traps for the naïve who elect to put data content into attribute values", please? I know the Cursor on Target (CoT) [1] puts its data content into attribute values and CoT has been used with great success.

> But is parsing of JSON in any language other than Javascript significantly easier?
> All these other languages hide the gory details in a library or module or whatever,
> just like they do with XML, so the argument, if there is one, is about the performance
> of these add-ons: which is not very productive or enlightening.

Wow! Remarkable statement! Are there any statistics about the ease (or lack thereof) of parsing JSON in languages other than Javascript?

 /Roger

[1] https://www.mitre.org/sites/default/files/pdf/09_4937.pdf