Re: [xml-dev] The Goals of XML at 25, and the one thing that XML now needs

Almost on cue.

An XSLT 3.0 capability for Azure
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-enterprise-integration-maps
Schema validation for Azure.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-enterprise-integration-schemas

It would be Microsoft wouldn't it. They have an investment in BizTalk to protect.