Re: [xml-dev] Tool that visualizes an XSD complexType hierarchy as aninverted tree (not as a sideways tree)?

On 22/12/2021 14:22, Roger L Costello wrote:
> I have a schema with a large complexType hierarchy. I want a tool
> that visually displays the hierarchy. All of the tools that I’ve seen
> display the hierarchy in a sideways fashion. But I don’t think
> sideways, I think top to bottom.

So do most people, possibly excluding some genealogists. I think a lot
of people would like a vertical hierarchical tree-display, but I have
never seen a standalone one that worked for arbitrarily large schemas.

I think part of the problem might be that any non-trivial schema is
likely to be much wider than deep. The common ones like DocBook, TEI,
JATS, etc rarely descend to more than ten levels from the root, but may
have dozens of element choices in element content, and as many in mixed
content, making a tree very wide and shallow.

Do let us know what you find.

Peter