Re: [xml-dev] Is the set of languages expressible using XML asuperset of the set of languages expressible using JSON?

I think XML is not a notation for transferring facts. It is not even a notation for transferring values. It is a notation for transferring labelled strings allowing substrings to be labelled.

Strings are the only hole for which XML is the peg of choice, unless you have no alternative. Text.

Rick

On Fri, 28 Jan 2022, 10:41 am Alexander Johannesen, <alexander.johannesen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hans-Juergen Rennau <hrennau@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I disagree, both concerning fun and concerning pain.

Glad to hear it, otherwise this would be boring and trite. :)

> The quest for semantics is like the quest for the music behind the
> scores - passion, not fun. Pain? Easy riding on the highway of structured
> information, on a howling XPath engine turning XDM nodes into RDF triples.

Only if you think RDF triples are both fun and valuable and worthy of your
limited time no matter how passionate you might be. I don't think it
is. I've earlier
lamented the futility of our current path for semantic interchange,
and how misguided
it is, similar to how crypto-currencies and NFTs are supposed to be some
engineered techno stack that will solve all of humanity's problems,
instead of the
pile of techno fetishism missing the point and causing havoc for everyone not
savvy to the scam.

IMHO, of course. Cheers,

Alex
--
 Information Alchemist, tone modulator, swords master
 thinkplot.org | linkedin.com/in/shelterit | sheltered-objections.blogspot.com