Re: [xml-dev] Imagine

The Open World assumption is indeed a problem. You can remove an OWL ontology from a reasoner, when it is out of date. Is that enough? In a real world scenario with GDPR, etcetera, we need to make facts expire or replace old facts with new ones. If I circulate an ontology in a business world such as public procurement, and then publish a new component of that ontology, how can I be sure that everyone has implemented it by a certain date when the previous version becomes invalid?

Valid points. But how does it all compare to no ontologies at all, just tacit or implicit assumptions?