Re: [xml-dev] markup humility

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 7:18 AM Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

> It also needs not to stop doing things that will break large amounts of
> existing applications without providing an acceptable way of upgrading.
> As Simon I think implied, the pursuit of novelty-hunting under the guise
> of improvements is not a suitable path.

I'm reminded of someone who told me her grandfather refused to get a tractor until it could do everything that a horse and cart could do.

Q; So what can a horse and cart do that a tractor can't?

A: Get me home from the pub when I've had too much to drink.

Michael Kay

Only because he didn't drive the tractor to the pub when he was sober.
https://www.wcax.com/2021/04/10/woman-drives-tractor-on-highway-intoxicated/