Re: [xml-dev] The most common syntax errors people make when creatingXML documents?

On Sun, 15 May 2022 at 23:16, Roger L Costello <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am creating (for fun) an XML parser. I'd like my parser to detect and fix the most common syntax errors in XML documents.

I created a list of errors that I commonly make. See below. What errors do you find yourself commonly making? I would appreciate it if you would add to the list.

How are you creating the XML? I'd find it hard  to generate an XML with that kind of error as the editor (emacs/nxml-mode)  would complain too much if I tried. I can of course generate other kinds of errors, typos, wrong words, missing data, but not a non well-formed file or even a file that doesn't match the target Relax NG schema.

David

image.png