Re: [xml-dev] Please stop writing specifications that cannot be parsed/processed by software

> for people using an existing parser via
> a SAX interface, it doesn't matter
> whether the input is SGML or XML.

That's indeed what I was meaning, and if anything, I have to apologize for being so unclear.

> The relatively deep intertwining of
> validation with everything
> else in ISO 8879 makes it hard to write
> even simple tools.

What would those tools be? Aren't XML people usually the first to criticize ad-hoc kindof-XML parsers, and why would you side-step a parser lib you just put a lot of effort into creating, to use a task-specific ad-hoc kindof-XML parser instead?

Cheers,
Marcus Reichardt
sgml.io