Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [cti] well-known RFC 5785

From
Terry MacDonald <>
Date
2017-04-05T08:41:26+00:00
ID
CABMkoO70guo8Bj=Rg-wf==
Thread
Re: [cti] well-known RFC 5785
An alternative, which in my opinion looks more descriptive, is to use:

https://example.com/taxii2-discovery 

Or a variation thereof. 

This would (as .well-known option would also do) allow implementers to redirect their actual api-root to any other location they want. This could help if they are already using an address like http://api.example.com/taxii for their existing TAXII​ v1.1 service

Another option could be that we use 

http://api.example.com/taxii2 

If we wanted to differentiate....

I'm on the fence for this one. I can see the benefits of having an obviously named starting URL, but I can also see the benefits of using a standard like welll known.

Cheers

Terry MacDonald

Cosive

On 5/04/2017 17:41, "Mr. Stefan Hagen" <> wrote:
On 04/04/17 22:03, Bret Jordan wrote:

> All,

>

>

> During the call today, we talked about the proposal to use

> the ".well-known" path in the Discovery URL.  The current proposal is to

> have the discovery URL look like:

>

>

> https://example.com/taxii/

>

>

> The proposal is to use RFC 5785 and have the discovery URL look like:

>

>

> https://example.com/.well-known/taxii/

>

>

> Please let us know if you support using ".well-known" or if you are

> against it.

I support using ".well-known"

/Stefan
Next in thread → Next in month →