← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Follow-up on departure of Rich Struse from DHS

From
Werntz, Preston <>
Date
2017-05-23T21:48:56+00:00
ID
5C23003BCFEDBD4DA035341E3113A10DEA74DA17@D2ASEPREA015
Thread
Follow-up on departure of Rich Struse from DHS
Hi all. With Rich’s email on his departure from DHS, I wanted to reach out and ensure everyone understands that while Rich is moving to MITRE, that doesn’t change the DHS or Federal Government’s commitment to support the development of
 STIX and TAXII.  Rich began these efforts at DHS over five years ago and DHS has been a key part of this community since its inception – none of that is changing.  Effective immediately, I will be directing the work that HSSEDI (the Federally-Funded Research
 and Development Center that MITRE operates for homeland security R&D) does in support of the CTI TC.  While I have not been directly involved in the CTI TC until now, one of my staff, Marlon Taylor, has been part of the TC since its inception and will continue
 to participate.  As I am responsible for the Automated Indicator Sharing (AIS) initiative that depends on STIX and TAXII, my organization has a clear stake in the success of the TC’s work.

 

I look forward to working with all of you through the TC to continue the development and encourage the adoption of the next generation of STIX/TAXII standards.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!

 

W. Preston Werntz

Chief, Technology Services Section

National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC)

Department of Homeland Security 

← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →