Re: [dita] Namespace resolution

From
Don Day <>
Date
2004-08-24T13:41:31+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [dita] Namespace resolution
Eliot and Erik, I appreciate your contributions to this discussion.  In the midst of all this fine thought, however, I'm aware that I'd still like to hear debate from others on this theme.  In particular, I'd like to give Michael Priestley as DITA's venerable specialization proponent the opportunity to weigh in before we drive to final closure.  I know that I need time to digest Erik's latest material, therefore I suggest that our aim for today be to get to common understanding of Erik's latest thoughts and to give time for Michael to catch up and contribute to any closing debate starting next week.

The mailing list discussion about S1000D continues to draw focus to the separation of specialization as an abstract, architectural concept from the implementation vocabularies that might employ the technique.  I'd like to explore this observation today insofar as it contributes to how we write the specification. 

Regards,

--

Don Day <>

Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

IBM Lead DITA Architect

11501 Burnet Rd., MS 9037D018, Austin TX 78758

Ph. 512-838-8550   (T/L 678-8550)

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

        --T.S. Eliot