← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Accessibility for DITA

From
Don Day <>
Date
2005-08-09T14:51:40+00:00
ID
Thread
Accessibility for DITA
Team... I received this note just this morning from Jan Rietveld:

"Three months ago CEN/ISSS started a Workshop on Document Processing for
Accessibility (CEN/ISSS WS DPA). The subject of this workshop is close
connected to the subject of OASIS DITA. For your information I attach the
business plan to this mail.

At the kick-off meeting of the workshop it was suggested to start a liaison
with OASIS DITA. I hope the TC is interested in such a liaison.


Everyone who is interested can join the workshop. They do not have to be
nominated by a National Body. Also we can be very liberal with the
distribution of our document. So if people want to receive them they can
email me and I will add their email address to our distribution list.


If the OASIS DITA is interested in a liaison we (hopefully) will appoint a
liaison officer in our next CEN/ISSS WS DPA meeting November 2005. In the
meantime, is there someone I can send the WS DPA documents so the TC stays
informed about our work?"


Accessibility is very important for DITA to be able to demonstrate.  It is
partly a markup issue, and the markup has to be supportable in tools as
well.  I'll upload the business plan later if it seems relevant. For today,
I would just like for us to formulate an acknowledgement and get this on a
next agenda.

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
IBM Lead DITA Architect
Email: 
11501 Burnet Rd. MS9033E015, Austin TX 78758
Phone: +1 512-838-8550
T/L: +1 512-838-xxxx

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
 Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"
   --T.S. Eliot
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →