Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [dita] [Fwd: Re: DITA @otherprops]

From
Dana Spradley <>
Date
2006-04-27T21:16:00+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [dita] [Fwd: Re: DITA @otherprops]
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->

dita message

[Date Prev]
 | [Thread Prev]
 | [Thread Next]
 | [Date Next]

--

[Date Index]
 | [Thread Index]
 | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [dita] [Fwd: Re: DITA @otherprops]

From: Dana Spradley <>

To: 

Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:20:20 -0700

Sorry - just checking, based on the reliance on
imaginary cases I was seeing.

I'll be more assiduous about monitoring the list.

Michael Priestley wrote:

  Re:

  >But for me it begs a question: have
we been solliciting and collecting real-world use cases from DITA
adopters,
  

  >to make sure the way we're designing
this new feature really does meet their needs?

>

>Or are we just architecting in the dark here?

  There maybe a misunderstanding here. I
would
guess about a third of the TC consists of real users or represent
groups
of real users. I'm in both categories myself.

  We've also had relatively detailed
discussions
of conditional processing use cases on the dita-users list, which I
follow
closely (I recommend you do the same). The scoped attribute value
proposal
in particular came out of some of Deborah's use cases, but
unfortunately
was deemed out of scope for 1.1 since it hadn't been discussed in
detail
on the TC yet.

  Michael Priestley

IBM DITA Architect and Classification Schema PDT Lead



http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

  
    
      

        Dana
Spradley <>
        
        
04/27/2006 02:43 PM
        

        
        
        
          
            

              
              
To

              
              
              
            

            

              
              
cc

              
              
          
            

            

              
              
Subject

              
              [dita]
[Fwd: Re: DITA @otherprops]
            

          
        
    
          
            

              
          
              
          
            

          
        
    
      

    
  

  oops! forgot to paste in the cc to the
group
Next in thread → Next in month →