RE: [Bulk] Re: [dita] Proposed changes to the xml:lang proposal

From
Gershon L Joseph <>
Date
2006-04-10T14:55:00+00:00
ID
Thread
RE: [Bulk] Re: [dita] Proposed changes to the xml:lang proposal
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->

dita message

[Date Prev]
 | [Thread Prev]
 | [Thread Next]
 | [Date Next]

--

[Date Index]
 | [Thread Index]
 | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [Bulk] Re: [dita] Proposed changes to the xml:lang proposal

From: "Gershon L Joseph" <>

To: "'Bob Stayton'" <>,<>

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:57:49 +0300

Hi Bob,

My understanding is that the TC agreed to update the conref documentation,
not the xml:lang documentation, so this does not apply to the xml:lang
proposal. However, I don't see any harm in adding a statement in the
xml:lang proposal about how it should be applied to conrefs.

I received private messages about the language of your proposed addition.
Members feel it's written for XML developers and won't be understood by most
people who read the spec. I'll discuss your email with the Translation
Subcommittee today and if they agree we should add something, we'll try to
refine your proposed addition. 

Best Regards,
Gershon