Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [dita] Proposed changes to the xml:lang proposal

From
Grosso, Paul <>
Date
2006-04-10T18:36:00+00:00
ID
Thread
RE: [dita] Proposed changes to the xml:lang proposal
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->

dita message

[Date Prev]
 | [Thread Prev]
 | [Thread Next]
 | [Date Next]

--

[Date Index]
 | [Thread Index]
 | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [dita] Proposed changes to the xml:lang proposal

From: "Grosso, Paul" <>

To: <>

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:38:25 -0400

OK, if we are removing this completely, I guess the point 
I'm about to make is moot.

But, no, you cannot "use the xml:lang attribute to identify 
the boundaries...."  An attribute cannot identify boundaries.
This is what I have been trying to say in this thread.  You
have to have a (non-empty) element--with a start tag and
end tag--to identify boundaries, and then you specify the
xml:lang attribute with the appropriate language value on
that element's start tag.

And I don't care if the audience is non-technical, you are
doing no one a favor by using imprecise language.  Attributes
cannot identify boundaries.

paul

>
Next in thread → Next in month →