← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
Re: [dita] Negative values
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 --> dita message [Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home] Subject: Re: [dita] Negative values From: Michael Priestley <> To: "Paul Prescod" <> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:23:31 -0400 What scope attribute? Michael Priestley IBM DITA Architect and Classification Schema PDT Lead http://dita.xml.org/blog/25 "Paul Prescod" <> 04/18/2006 10:03 AM To <> cc Subject [dita] Negative values This document describes negative values: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17329/IssueNumber20.ht ml It isn't explicit about the semantics of them. For example, it implies that negative and positive values can be combined in a single attribute (otherwise why say that the NOT operator only applies to a single value). But I would have thought that a negation of value A implies value B by definition. Therefore explicitly stating value B is redundant. audience="NOT paul" Means everybody but paul. Therefore saying "everybody but paul plus janice" is redundant. In programming language terms: If Audience!=paul OR audience=janice Although I am a fan of the goals of this feature, I am not convinced that we can work out the details in the time we have. Plus I think that it is a bit of scope creep beyond what the TC agreed to. The same goes for the scope attribute. Paul Prescod References: Negative values From: "Paul Prescod" <> [Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
← Prev in month
← Prev in thread