← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

Feature 12050--rationalizing href, format, scope, and type attributes

From
Grosso, Paul <>
Date
2007-06-28T21:30:19+00:00
ID
Thread
Feature 12050--rationalizing href, format, scope, and type attributes
Apologies in advance that I'm sending out two detailed 
documents to address these issues, but it turned out 
that a detailed analysis of the use of these important
DITA attributes was more complicated than I thought at
first and uncovered more inconsistencies and unclarity
than I expected.

The attached 12050.htm is an HTML document showing the
analysis of use of these attributes in DITA 1.1 and
detailing the suggested spec changes for DITA 1.2.

The attached 12050-sum.htm is a summary comparing what
all the elements' descriptions for these attributes 
would be in DITA 1.2 given the changes suggested in
the first document.

I'm hoping at least some folks with DITA expertise will
be able to make it through these documents and raise
questions/comments.  I tried to give as much explanation
as feasible in the documents without making them even
more cumbersome, but I'm happy to elaborate on any point
that might help.

As far as 12023 "moving format and scope into rel-atts",
that is just a DTD organization thing that doesn't 
change the actual models or the spec (in 1.1., everywhere
%rel-atts; occurs in an ATTLIST [in topic.mod], so does 
format and scope).

paul
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread