You are right, there is more there than I remembered.
-Jeff
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Priestley [mailto:]
Sent: Tue 7/7/2009 9:39 AM
To: Ogden, Jeff
Cc: Dana Spradley; dita; Eliot Kimber
Subject: RE: [dita] Conformance and interoperability
Hi Jeff,
>My problem with "must" for the design patterns, is that the spec doesn't
>seem to be specific enough about the details of the design patterns
>to make them such a strong requirement.
I thought the design patterns were very specific:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/archspec/dtdmod.html
Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25
"Ogden, Jeff" <>
07/07/2009 09:14 AM
To
"Eliot Kimber" <>, Michael
Priestley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "Dana Spradley" <>
cc
"dita" <>
Subject
RE: [dita] Conformance and interoperability
I'm more comfortable with "should" rather than "must" here.
My problem with "must" for the design patterns, is that the spec doesn't
seem to be specific enough about the details of the design patterns to
make them such a strong requirement.
Has this changed in the DITA 1.2 drafts?
And while "should" isn't a strong as "must" it is still pretty strong and
much stronger than other options such as "may".
-Jeff
-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Kimber [mailto:]
Sent: Tue 7/7/2009 7:31 AM
To: Michael Priestley; Dana Spradley
Cc: dita
Subject: Re: [dita] Conformance and interoperability
On 7/6/09 6:26 PM, "Michael Priestley" <> wrote:
> I'm not sure about the should vs must being a typo. I think it's
currently
> must, and on purpose.
Doh! You're right--I was confusing the requirement to have documents with
DTDs or schemas (should) with the design pattern (must).
My apologies for any confusion. Too many hours spent reviewing/writing too
many pages of this spec.
Cheers,
E.
----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email: <mailto:>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com> | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php