Re: [dita] Presence of @id affects processing?

From
ekimber <>
Date
2009-10-29T01:18:02+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [dita] Presence of @id affects processing?
On 10/28/09 5:27 PM, "" <>
wrote:

> The 1.1 lang spec for <fn/> says that the presence of the ID attribute on
> <fn/> affects how the footnote is rendered. Is that true?
>  
> If so, I think we need to mention it in the ID attribute section of the
> archspec. I'm imagining a tool vendor providing an option to "automatically
> generate IDs", not knowing that the presence of the ID attribute has
> processing implications.

I think fn is the only one.

If an <fn> has an ID, then it does not directly generate a callout, but must
be referenced by <fnref>.

It makes some kind of twisted sense but it is a bit of an odd rule.

I don't think there are any other elements for which the use of @id has a
similar effect.

Cheers,

Eliot


----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:   <mailto:>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>