Eliot,
Great news. It's impressive that you can process such a large document.
When you have a copy posted, I'd like to try it out.
I am a bit confused about your comment about ZIP compression. An epub
file is itself a zip file, and the only uncompressed part is the
mimetype file, so I'm not sure what you mean about epub not allowing zip
compression.
Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
---------------------------------
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators
http://xmlpress.net
(970) 231-3624
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eliot Kimber [mailto:]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:01 PM
> To: dita
> Subject: [dita] EPUB for DITA 1.2 Spec
>
>
> I have successfully produced an EPUB from the current source
> of the 1.2 spec
> and loaded it on my iPad and iPhone (and of course can view
> it in Adobe
> Digital Editions. The complete spec comes in at about 64Meg
> (EPUB doesn't
> allow Zip compression, go figure).
>
> This is using the new EPUB Toolkit plugin that I have almost
> 100% working.
>
> I will be packing the plugin properly here over the next few days.
>
> I can post the EPUB somewhere if that's appropriate, but I
> realize that it
> has no official provenance at the moment.
>
> But I was pleased that I was able to process a pretty large doc.
>
> The resulting EPUB passes all epubcheck validation checks
> except for missing
> resources because there are a number of unresolved links
> (which is probably
> a result of bugs in my processor related to key-based links).
>
> It would be nice if we had a cover graphic for this beasty--is that
> something we can do? Does OASIS specify some sort of official
> cover layout?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eliot
>
> --
> Eliot Kimber
> Senior Solutions Architect
> "Bringing Strategy, Content, and Technology Together"
> Main: 512.554.9368
> www.reallysi.com
> www.rsuitecms.com
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
> generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgr
> oups.php
>
>