Hi Eliot,
I have designs for ditaval management and schema changes on the 1.3 requirements wiki. For instance, I want a "description" attribute so users and leave usage notes for other users regarding when to show/hide.
I'd like to go over them with you and anybody else that wants to revamp ditaval for 1.3.
-seth park
-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Kimber [mailto:]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 7:03 AM
To: dita
Subject: [dita] Refinements to DITAVAL for Flagging?
I'm learning about DITAVAL for the first time in any depth and I'm seeing a couple of areas where it could be usefully extended, I think.
Have we discussed or has anyone else given thought to extending DITAVAL? I didn't see anything in the current 1.3 issue list.
So far I've thought of the following two things:
1. Better support for effectivity statements by allowing for example a keyref to the DITA content to use for the effectivity statement (so that the statement can have arbitrary DITA markup).
2. Allow either arbitrary values for @style on <prop> or <revprop> or allow all the values allowed for text-decoration in CSS 3. In particular, the current spec does not allow strike through as a value.
Cheers,
E.
--
Eliot Kimber
Senior Solutions Architect
"Bringing Strategy, Content, and Technology Together"
Main: 512.554.9368
www.reallysi.com
www.rsuitecms.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php