Hi
I am working on a project now where a specialised form of data will be required.
The specialised tags need to represent financial data such as exchange rates. I was thinking <data> was the most appropriate tag for this to be specialised from.
Therefore allowing <data> anywhere would be necessary.
Regards
Mark Poston
Sent from my iPhone
On 29 Feb 2012, at 15:45, "Eliot Kimber" <> wrote:
> Currently none of the list elements allow <data> as direct children.
>
> I'm thinking maybe they should.
>
> The immediate use case is capturing metadata that reflects details of a list
> from legacy content, such as the numbering or bullet style details and the
> initial number. I can think of other list-specific metadata that might be
> useful, such as subject classification or whatever.
>
> I think that we should be following a general principle of allowing <data>
> anywhere that it isn't clearly inappropriate, and I can't think of any
> obvious reason why it would be inappropriate in a list.
>
> Is there some history as to why <data> is not allowed as direct list
> children, other than "we never thought about it"?
>
> Cheers,
>
> E.
>
>
> --
> Eliot Kimber
> Senior Solutions Architect
> "Bringing Strategy, Content, and Technology Together"
> Main: 512.554.9368
> www.reallysi.com
> www.rsuitecms.com
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:
>