RE: [dita] Which version of the DITA 1.2 spec do you use, and why?

From
Chris Nitchie <>
Date
2012-09-12T15:02:09+00:00
ID
[email protected]
Thread
RE: [dita] Which version of the DITA 1.2 spec do you use, and why?
I use the XHTML on the OASIS website for two main reasons.

 

1.       I can quickly Ctrl+F and find the topics I’m looking for in the front-page TOC.

2.       I can easily e-mail links to relevant sections to people.

 

Chris

 

From:  [mailto:] On Behalf Of Kristen James Eberlein
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:29 AM
To: DITA TC
Subject: [dita] Which version of the DITA 1.2 spec do you use, and why?

 

The DITA 1.2 spec was delivered in the following formats:

XHTML hosted on the OASIS Web site

CHM

PDF

DITA source

ZIP of XHTML file that can be used locally (late addition, available from TC home page, probably no one knows about it)

Which format do you use? If you use multiple formats, when and why?

-- 
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)