I sometimes use the online html version. More often I use the CHM version that we build ourselves into XMetaL because we have "jump to help on this element" built into it.
On the dev side we depend (obviously) on the DITA source to build that CHM. In particular we also depend on the topic IDs being programmatically determinable from the element names (they actually ARE the element names at present, I believe).
mag
--
Tom Magliery (on the iPod)
On Sep 12, 2012, at 7:28 AM, "Kristen James Eberlein" <> wrote:
The DITA 1.2 spec was delivered in the
following formats:
XHTML hosted on the OASIS Web site
CHM
PDF
DITA source
ZIP of XHTML file that can be used locally
(late addition, available from TC home page, probably no
one knows about it)
Which format do you use? If you use multiple formats, when
and why?
--
Best,
Kris
Kristen James Eberlein
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)