RE: [dita] Which version of the DITA 1.2 spec do you use, and why?

From
Tetsuya Sekine <>
Date
2012-09-13T13:11:17+00:00
ID
[email protected]
Thread
RE: [dita] Which version of the DITA 1.2 spec do you use, and why?
Hi Kris,

 

I use XHML version on the OASIS Web site.

I was told most of the DITA professionals and DITA customers in Japan use the online version on the DITA Consortium Japan site, which we, including myself translated in Japanese and converted by PTC engine 

 

I for myself use SuiteHelp by Suite Solutions version since I was able to see it on my iPhone.

 

Cheers,

-Tetsuya@InfoParse, Inc.

 

From:  [mailto:] On Behalf Of Kristen James Eberlein
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:29 PM
To: DITA TC
Subject: [dita] Which version of the DITA 1.2 spec do you use, and why?

 

The DITA 1.2 spec was delivered in the following formats:

XHTML hosted on the OASIS Web site

CHM

PDF

DITA source

ZIP of XHTML file that can be used locally (late addition, available from TC home page, probably no one knows about it)

Which format do you use? If you use multiple formats, when and why?

-- 
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)