← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

Proposal 13056: Extension to syntax for built-in selection attributes

From
Eliot Kimber <>
Date
2013-03-02T13:41:27+00:00
ID
Thread
Proposal 13056: Extension to syntax for built-in selection attributes
I like this proposal very much.

The one thing that comes to mind is adding, or at least mentioning as a
possibility, the use of subjectScheme maps to declare and validate
user-defined groups.

That is, I'd like the option, as a DITA system administrator, the option to
formally define what groups authors should be allowed to use by using
subjectScheme maps, which I would likely already be using to define value
uses for use in conditional attributes.

I'm not sure what would be required--I haven't thought this idea through and
I wouldn't want something like this to overburden the proposal, but it seems
like a natural extension of the current use of subjectSchemes for defining
attribute value lists.

Cheers,

E.


-- 
Eliot Kimber
Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
"Bringing Strategy, Content, and Technology Together"
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread