Hi Kristen -
We are looking at that now. I didn't realize that this problem with invited callers had become such a nuisance to TCs and Scott and Greg are looking into how we can help address that.
I note two things for the moment:
- At the bottom of every add event form, there is a checked 'send email' option. If you unclick that, then no email will be sent.
- Also, there is a choice of who to share it with that includes an option for general public. I note that it is not selected by default. I believe leaving it unchecked will prevent non-OASIS members from being able to see the event details. I will check that for you.
So I think the answer is uncheck the email option to prevent the message from being sent and leave the public option unchecked.
/chet
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Kristen James Eberlein <> wrote:
Chet, if I post information to the DITA TC Calendar, is that automatically sent to the DITA TC list and then archived publicly?
--
Best,
Kris
Kristen James Eberlein
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)
--
/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org
Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393
Check your work using the Support Request Submission Checklist at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47248/tc-admin-submission-checklist.html
TC Administration information and support is available at http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin
Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OASISopen
Facebook: http://facebook.com/oasis.open