I came across the phrase "omnibus edition" reading about publishers
and thought it might convey the same idea as "comprehensive package"
but perhaps a bit more accessible. We don't need to go into pork
barrel and earmark connotations for overstuffed legislative
proposals.
On 4/14/2015 2:26 PM, Michael Priestley
wrote:
I propose adding a
"kitchen-sink"
domain only so we can exclude it from the all-inclusive package.
Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley
From:
"Tom Magliery"
<>
To:
"DITA TC"
<>
Date:
04/14/2015 02:52 PM
Subject:
[dita] Suggestion
for full package name
Sent by:
<>
I propose "all-inclusive".
I'm hoping it is one tick better for
globalization
than "comprehensive", and to me it doesn't have the same
emotional
baggage (as compared with, e.g., "complete") of "if I don't
have this one, I'm not really doing DITA".
mag
--
Don R. Day
Founding Chair, OASIS
DITA Technical Committee
LinkedIn: donrday Twitter:
@donrday
About.me: Don R. Day Skype:
don.r.day
"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"
--T.S. Eliot
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com