← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

LWDITA STC article (Was "Re: [dita] Follow-up on requests to the Lightweight DITA subcommittee")

From
Kristen James Eberlein <>
Date
2016-10-19T06:35:05+00:00
ID
Thread
LWDITA STC article (Was "Re: [dita] Follow-up on requests to the Lightweight DITA subcommittee")
OK, this took me a while; it turns out that I attached the PDF to
      an e-mail rather than uploading it to Kavi. Here is the link to
      the e-mail with the PDF attached:

    
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00013.html

    

    
Best,

      Kris

      

      Kristen James Eberlein

      Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

      Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting

      www.eberleinconsulting.com

      +1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

      

    

    
On 10/18/2016 12:55 PM, Kristen James
      Eberlein wrote:

    

    
      
      
Sorry -- The STC article is a great one. The URL that you
        included is broken; can you resend with a Web URL that does not
        require company or STC access?

      
I also posted a copy of the article to the TC repository, but I
        cannot find it quickly.

      

      
Best,

        Kris

        

        Kristen James Eberlein

        Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

        Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting

        www.eberleinconsulting.com

        +1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

        

      

      
On 10/18/2016 12:23 PM, Carlos Evia
        wrote:

      

      
        
Don't forget the article Michael P and I
          published on the STC journal:
          
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/stc/tc/2016/00000063/00000001/art00004

          

          

          

          
Happy to add the committee note to my November projects.
            I will work with Michael and Keith S-R. 

          

          

          
Best,

          

          

          
Carlos

          

          

          

        

        

          

            

              

                

                  

                    
-- 

                    
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.

                    
Director of Professional and Technical Writing

                    
Associate Professor of Technical Communication

                    
Department of English

                    
Center for Human-Computer Interaction

                    
Virginia Tech

                    
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112

                    
(540)200-8201

                    

                    

                  

                

              

            

          

          

          
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM,
            Kristen James Eberlein <>
            wrote:

            
              

                
At yesterday's subcommittee meeting, I suggested that
                  the subcommittee author a committee note about
                  Lightweight DITA. I think such a committee note could
                  include the following:

                

                
                  
Rationale for Lightweight DITA

                  
Content model for Lightweight DITA

                  
                    
Element set

                    
New elements added

                    
New attributes added

                  
                  
Specialization model

                  
Supported or sponsored tooling

                
                
I think such a committee note would be critical for
                  the following reasons:.

                
                  
So far there is NO material published by the DITA
                    TC. The only materials published on Lightweight DITA
                    are blog pieces, Webinars, and conference
                    presentations by SC members.

                  
It would ensure that what is being proposed by the
                    subcommittee is clearly understood and supported by
                    the main TC.

                
                
I also suggested that it was time for the
                  subcommittee to develop a strawman schedule of what
                  they plan to develop and deliver in the next year.

                    

                 

                    
--
                      

                      Best,

                      Kris

                      

                      Kristen James Eberlein

                      Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

                      Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting

                      www.eberleinconsulting.com

                      +1 919
                        682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

                      

                    

                  

              
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the
                  OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to
                  all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
                
          

          

        

      
      

---------------------------------------------------------------------
      To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC
      that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in
      OASIS at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →