Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Proactive planning for DITA intersection with HTML6

From
FontoXML - Jan Benedictus <>
Date
2016-11-17T09:30:48+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [dita-lightweight-dita] Proactive planning for DITA intersection with HTML6
Hi Don,

I thought this was a great idea and I forwarded the link to my team. I got the response that this idea-list might be quite old. I have asked them if they know of any more recent discussion(s) on HTML6, will fw anything they might come up with.

Jan

Jan Benedictus - CEO

t +31 70 3191923    ·  m +31 6 144 82 303

e     ·  w FontoXML.com

           s LinkedIn    ·  s Twitter

2016-11-17 1:31 GMT+01:00 Mark Giffin <>:

  
    
  
  

    I'm checking out the w3c wiki you linked, Don.

    

    Please explain what "Erik Hennum's noble penchant" is or was.

    

    Thanks,

    Mark Giffin

    Mark GIffin Consulting, Inc.

    http://markgiffin.com/

    

    
On 11/14/2016 10:17 AM, Don Day wrote:

    

    
      
      
HTML5 moved their box closer to the DITA topic model than
        before, but obviously has lacked a class inheritance or
        specialization-capable mechanism for us to hook into
        strategically. Hence we have been stuck with designing around
        the lack of those architectural placeholders. 

        

        While the schedule for something useful in Lightweight DITA may 
        preclude waiting for a next chance at intersecting with HTML6,
        perhaps we can tender a proposal for the bits we need at this
        community contribution site:

        

        https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/next

        

        The hope would be that, by DITA 2.0 planning time, we can look
        at a possibly closer binding to an all-HTML6 base model (pulling
        out Erik Hennum's noble penchant again, since it unifies
        architecture with delivery in a nice way).

      

      Thoughts?

      

      
-- 

        
        
 Don R. Day

          Founding Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee (current
          version: DITA
            1.3)

          LinkedIn: donrday   Twitter:
          @donrday

          About.me: Don R. Day   Skype:
          don.r.day 

        
 "Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

          Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

          --T.S. Eliot  

      

      

      
        
          

            
            Virus-free. www.avast.com