Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [dita] Difficulty of interaction between <related-links> and reltable links

From
Chris Nitchie <>
Date
2016-11-03T13:32:29+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [dita] Difficulty of interaction between <related-links> and reltable links
I’d be open to that. I’ve worked with more than one authoring group who abandoned relationship tables because they felt they were too difficult to manage and keep up-to-date, especially for large publications. Seems like an area ripe for consideration in 2.0.

Chris

On 10/27/16, 2:31 AM, " on behalf of Kristen James Eberlein" < on behalf of > wrote:

    If I am authoring a topic not in a map context, I need to use 
    <related-links> for links to Web sites.
    
    If the topic later becomes part of a map, I often will want to manage 
    the link relationships in a relationship table.
    
    However, the markup syntax makes moving <related-links> to relationship 
    tables difficult.
    
    Is this something that we should consider addressing for DITA 2.0? I do 
    realize that how the DITA-OT PDF2 transform handles this might be 
    something to consider ...
    
    -- 
    Best,
    Kris
    
    Kristen James Eberlein
    Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
    Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
    www.eberleinconsulting.com
    +1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)
    
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that 
    generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
    https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
Next in thread → Next in month →