← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

LwDITA: Thoughts re Committee note

From
Kristen James Eberlein <>
Date
2017-06-10T13:32:13+00:00
ID
Thread
LwDITA: Thoughts re Committee note
I cannot really review this document, as I have been too involved
      in working on it at various points in time.

    
However, here are things that I think it lacks:

    
      
Grammar files for XDITA: What will the TC provide? DTD only?
        XSD and RNG?

      
What are rules and conventions for specializing XDITA?

      
An overview of how the DTDs were constructed:

      
        
The fact that they do not follow the rules as laid out in
          the DITA 1.3 spec -- and why

        
They fact that they could be derived from DITA 1.3 using the
          rules laid out in the DITA spec

      
    
    
      
There is a topic about content reuse that covers the DITA 1.3
        reuse mechanisms that LwDITA supports and those that it does
        not, but nothing that mentiona linking. Does LwDITA support all
        the linking and addressing mechanism that does DITA 1.3? Robert
        and I went looking to see whether keyref is available on
        <xref> and <image>; it is.

      

      
A appendix topic that contains a table that compares
        functionality in LwDITA versus functionality in DITA 1.3.

    
    
Other comments might follow.

    

    
-- 

      Best,

      Kris

      

      Kristen James Eberlein

      Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

      Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting

      www.eberleinconsulting.com

      +1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →