← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Revision marking in errata 02 version of the DITA 1.3 specification

From
Kristen James Eberlein <>
Date
2017-10-18T14:23:34+00:00
ID
Thread
Revision marking in errata 02 version of the DITA 1.3 specification
Nancy, I think you've identified an issue with our build of
      Errata 02. It should color-code and mark ALL changes since the
      release of DITA 1.3 (thus including errata 01 changes).

    
I suspect that maybe we are currently only marking errata-02 in
      the ouput of the modified spec.

    
Best,

      Kris

      

      Kristen James Eberlein

      Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

      Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting

      www.eberleinconsulting.com

      +1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

      

    

    
On 10/17/2017 8:38 AM, Nancy Harrison
      wrote:

    

    
      

        
Hi,

          

          As far as I could tell, the cover pages were consistent, and
          generally matched the corresponding pages for Errata01.   The
          Errata 02 currently isn't in a  'public review'  phase, so I
          couldn't tell whether that phrase is printing correctly,
          though I have no reason to think that it isn't (or won't).

          

          I did a check of a number of the changes listed in the errata
          document change table, against the locations mentioned in the
          spec, vs. those parts of the spec from the original 1.3 spec,
          and the changes I looked at all were as expected in PDF and
          HTML.

          

          I did notice one anomaly.  The cover pages all include a
          'Related Work' section that declares this Errata to be
          superseding the original 1.3 spec.  Shouldn't we also note
          that it supersedes Errata 01?  Since the differences noted in
          the Errata 01 document are not listed in this one, this
          document does not give a complete description of how Errata02
          has changed from 1.3, which I would have inferred from that
          description in the cover pages; it does give a complete
          description, as far as I can tell, of what has changed since
          Errata 01.   Either we should simply say it supersedes
          Errata01 (the document for which says that release supersedes
          1.3) or we should put both 1.3 and 1.3 Errata01 in the
          'Related Work' section, since it does supersede both of those
          releases.  I'm  not sure what the OASIS practice is for this,
          but I'm sure it isn't meant to be confusing.

          

        

        Nancy

        

        
        

          

            
_____________

              Nancy Harrison

              Infobridge Solutions  

              
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →