← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Errata or DITA 2.0: Add <sup> and <sub> to glossary elements

From
Scott Hudson <>
Date
2017-10-24T14:02:44+00:00
ID
Thread
Errata or DITA 2.0: Add <sup> and <sub> to glossary elements
I've found an issue with the content models for a few of the glossary elements.

 

I need to be able to use superscript and subscript in several elements: glossSurfaceForm, glossAcronym, glossSynonym, glossShortForm, glossAbbreviation

 

As an example of what I need:

<glossentry id="gl_DesignManeuveringSpeed">

    <glossterm>design maneuvering speed</glossterm>

    <glossBody>

        <glossPartOfSpeech value="noun"/>

        <glossSurfaceForm>design maneuvering speed (V<sub>A</sub>)</glossSurfaceForm>

        <glossUsage>Spell out on first use. Use V<sub>A</sub> in subsequent references. <dl>

                <dlentry>

                    <dt>Examples</dt>

                    <dd>The pilot's operating handbook is the best source for determining your

                        aircraft's design maneuvering speed (V<sub>A</sub>). The cockpit placard

                        might also include V<sub>A</sub> information.</dd>

                </dlentry>

            </dl><p>See also <xref href="" <xref

                    href="" speeds</xref>.</p></glossUsage>

        <glossAlt id="alt_gl_DesignManeuveringSpeed">

            <glossAcronym>V<sub>A</sub></glossAcronym>

        </glossAlt>

    </glossBody>

</glossentry>

With the current content models, I cannot use <sup> or <sub> on the glossSurfaceForm, glossAcronym, glossSynonym, glossShortForm, glossAbbreviation

 

Thanks and best regards,

 

--Scott

 

Voting member:

Boeing Data Standards Technical Advisory Board

OASIS DocBook TC, Publishers SC (Chair)

OASIS DITA TC, Tech Comm SC, LW DITA SC, Learning Content SC (Secretary)

OASIS DITA Adoption TC

OASIS Augmented Reality in Information Products (ARIP) TC

 

Scott Hudson

Content Strategist, Digital Aviation Learning and Development

Jeppesen, A Boeing Company

55 Inverness Drive East

Englewood, CO  80112

303-328-6228 | Cell: 303-350-7934

 

 

This document contains only administrative, uncontrolled data under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →