Next in thread →
Next in month →
Re: [dita] <cause> short description
Hi, Dawn.
This does not make sense to me either. Don't fret about it; all
of the Tech Comm element reference topics are slated for editing
and a TC review.
Best,
Kris
Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
OASIS Distinguished Contributor
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting LLC
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)
On 8/24/2020 6:42 PM, Dawn Stevens
wrote:
While
writing the topics for the <diagnostics> proposal
stage 3, I was looking at the topics for the rest of the
troubleshooting topic elements to ensure I modelled the
writing there.
Â
<cause>
is described as follows:
Â
TheÂ<cause>Âelement
describes a potential source of the problem that is
described in theÂ<condition>Âelement,
the topicÂ<title>Âelement,
or theÂ<shortdesc>Âelement.
This information should be brief; if
it is not possible to make the information brief, this
might be a sign that a full troubleshooting topic is
needed.
Â
Â
I
donât understand the last sentence, after the semi-colon.
<cause> is part of a full troubleshooting topic. What
is it trying to tell me to do if my cause is long?
Next in thread →
Next in month →