← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Help with brainstorming a list of scenarios for using expansion

From
Jristen Dberlein
Date
2021-04-01T18:34:00+00:00
ID
Thread
Help with brainstorming a list of scenarios for using expansion
Hi, folks.
I know we all think that the relaxation of the specialization rules will have tons of benefit.
However, I'd like to have a bigger stock of realistic scenarios for the spec and DITA 2.0 presentations.
So, please spend a little time thinking of how you would use this new facility.
Think about element and attribute specializations that you might have done previously, if there had been a way to prevent them from being globally available.
I certainly would have used them for clients where I built a specializations of <metadata>, to hold all the metadata being migrated from a legacy system.
Instead of building specializations of <data>, I would have added attributes to a specific element.

--
Best, Kris Kristen James Eberlein Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee OASIS Distinguished Contributor Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting LLC www.eberleinconsulting.com +1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →