Ben Rockwood <> wrote at Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:00:12 -0800 (PST):
> Does anyone have experience using XMLroff? It looks like a decent idea
I can truly say that I have more experience with xmlroff than anybody
else in the world.
> and alittle more simplified, not that it matters, but I've had serious
> trouble getting it to build and I'm really curious what the PDF output
You can post to about your build
problem (or about anything else to do with xmlroff), but you should
subscribe if you want ot be sure of seeing all responses.
> looks like.
I presume that you've seen the examples at
http://xmlroff.sourceforge.net/examples/.
> I'm considering it as an alternative to FOP and PassiveTeX.
>
> Any opinions on it? If anyone has sample output they can send my way I'd
> really appreciate it.
As Tim Waugh said, it still needs a lot of work.
I am planning on making another release this week that incorporates
changes made because of running the samples from the XML 2003 XSL FO
Chef's tools exhibition.
Regards,
Tony Graham
------------------------------------------------------------------------
XML Technology Center - Dublin
Sun Microsystems Ireland Ltd Phone: +353 1 8199708
Hamilton House, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3 x(70)19708