Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [docbook-apps] Question about <formalpara>

From
Thomas Schraitle <>
Date
2006-01-27T22:21:25+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [docbook-apps] Question about <formalpara>
Hi,

On Friday 27 January 2006 22:54, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> > 1. Use bold for the title, "embedded" inside the text.
> > DocBook uses this style. This is a more "active" appearence. A reader
> > will see it more easily and it attracts more attention.
>
> You mean like Don's HTML example?

Yes. :-)


> [...]
> This could work, and it would be easy to implement. Is it fair to
> assume that any <formalpara> will have only one <para> element?

According to the DocBook TDG yes. A formalpara can have one para only.


> If it 
> doesn't, would it be unreasonable to clump it all in one paragraph?

Hmn, I am not sure if I understand you correct. Do you mean a para inside 
formalpara and some consecutive paras to clump like this?

 <formalpara>
   <title>Bla</title>
   <para>First line</para>
 </formalpara>
 <para>Second line</para>

This could work. 


> From a semantic POV, I think that would be reasonable. Maybe I'll add a
> newline element, but keep it all in the same semantic paragraph. Like
> this:
>
> From:
> <formalpara>
>     <info> <title>Foo</title> </info>
>     <para> Bar. </para>
>     <para> Biz. </para>
> </formalpara>

This is not valid. :)


Cheers,
Tom

-- 
Thomas Schraitle
Next in thread → Next in month →