Re: [docbook-apps] footnotes in fo/pdf files?

From
Bob Stayton <>
Date
2006-07-02T08:12:11+00:00
ID
059c01c69daf$3f6662b0$6700a8c0@totoro
Thread
Re: [docbook-apps] footnotes in fo/pdf files?
Hi,

I'm not able to duplicate this error.  Do you 
get the same error when you process a different file with the same kind of 
footnote?

 

What version of xsltproc?

 

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook 
Consulting


 

 

  
----- Original Message ----- 

  
From: 
  Sheldon Plankton 

  
To: apps docbook 

  
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:54 
  PM

  
Subject: [docbook-apps] footnotes in 
  fo/pdf files?

  

Hi,

I must be doing something wrong when generating 
  my fo file from my xml file.
My xml file contains 
  ...

<listitem><para>BLAH BLAH 
  BLAH
<footnote><para>
YADA YADA 
  YADA
</para></footnote>
</para></listitem>

... 
  I can make the html just fine but when I try to make an fo like so 
  ...

xsltproc --output blah.fo --stringparam fop.extensions 1 
  --stringparam ulink.footnotes 1 
  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.69.1-5/fo/docbook.xsl 
  blah.xml
Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)
XPath 
  error : Undefined variable
$ulink.footnotes != 
  0
                 
  ^
error: file 
  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.69.1-5/fo/footnote.xsl line 94 
  element number
Failed to compile predicate
make: *** 
  [dvd_ripping_book.fo] Segmentation fault

Without the footnote tag I am 
  able to produce a fo and pdf no problem.
But why is the footnote tag giving 
  heart burn?

Thanks

  

  
  Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're 
  invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.