Re: [docbook-apps] Creating a chapter title page with chapter number and title on different lines

From
Bob Stayton <>
Date
2012-10-02T16:12:28+00:00
ID
C880AEDE49384D7387E5FBDC752DB61C@totoro
Thread
Re: [docbook-apps] Creating a chapter title page with chapter number and title on different lines
Hi Paul,

The third example in this section is similar to what you 
need.  It puts the number and title on separate lines.  Just omit the 
call to the gentext template to avoid the "Chapter" text.

 

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitleFontSizes.html#ChapterTitles

 

In general, you can process an element in mode="label.markup" 
to generate just its number, and in mode="title.markup" to generate just its 
title.  You get both when you process in 
mode="object.title.markup".

 

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises


From: Paul Hoadley 

Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 4:24 AM

To: Docbook Apps 

Subject: [docbook-apps] Creating a chapter title page with chapter 
number and title on different lines

Hello, 

I'm trying to create a chapter title page (with the FO stylesheets) that's 
reminiscent of some of the O'Reilly books.  Something like this, say:

---

14

Troubleshooting

---

That is, chapter number, absence of the "Chapter" generated text, and then 
chapter title in a new block.  I've been out of the DocBook loop for a few 
years, but I've done title page customisations before—with this, though, I seem 
to be running around in circles through the template system.  Could someone 
give me the briefest outline on how to customise the output for the chapter 
'title' element like this?  I'm looking at the 'component.title' template 
in component.xsl, but I can't see where the title text itself is being generated 
('<xsl:apply-templates select="$node" mode="object.title.markup">'?), or 
how I would go about customising it very specifically like this just for 
chapters.

-- 
Paul 
Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/