The titlepage system eventually calls the template named
'component.title' in html/component.xsl for all component-level elements like
chapter, appendix, preface, etc. That template applies templates in
mode="object.title.markup", which uses a gentext template to generate the
appropriate label. So modifying the gentext for 'chapter' in
context="title-numbered" should work. The TOC and xrefs don't use that
mode, so they should be unaffected.
Or you could modify the 'component.title' template to use
mode="title.markup" when the context is chapter.
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
From: Tim Arnold
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:35 PM
To: Bob
Stayton
Cc: DocBook Apps
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] manipulating chapter title page in
html
hi Bob,
Thanks for the fast response. I do understand (I think) how to change the
gentext but I only want to change this particular instance of the text on the
chapter title page, not the xrefs or any other place.
(this is to match a spec, not my own idea).
Can that be done? I haven't figured out where that template is.
thanks!
--Tim
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Bob Stayton <> wrote:
Hi Tim,
I'm not clear if you want to eliminate numbering
of chapters, or just this numbering label in chapter titlepage output (leaving
the number in the TOC and xrefs). To eliminate chapter numbering
entirely, you can set the stylesheet parameter 'chapter.autolabel' to
zero.
If it is just the chapter titlepage, then it can be done by
customizing the gentext rather than a template. That's because "Chapter"
is generated text that is different for each locale. Something like this
will generate just the title:
<xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml"
select="document('')"/>
<l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0">
<l:l10n
language="en">
<l:context
name="title-numbered">
<l:template name="chapter"
text="%t"/>
</l:context>
</l:l10n>
</l:i18n>
More
details are provided here:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html
Bob
Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
From: Tim Arnold
Sent:
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:29 PM
To: DocBook Apps
Subject:
[docbook-apps] manipulating chapter title page in html
I just can't seem to find the right place to manage
this. I want to remove the "Chapter 13." part of the title of this pattern:
"Chapter 13. My Chapter Title", which is generated in the main
entrypoint (toc file).
I traced through user.head.content which
stops just before the title, and found make.toc which seems to start just
after the title.
My guess is that is comes from
chapter.titlepage.recto.auto.mode which calls
chapter.titlepage.recto.mode but then I get lost.
thanks for any
pointer to the correct template!
--Tim Arnold