← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: Status report

From
Michael Smith <>
Date
2001-08-01T06:55:47+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: Status report
Norman Walsh <> writes:

> With the election of the new board, Karl has asked all the chairs to
> submit a paragraph summary of their technical committees. Comments on
> this summary before I send it in?
> 
>   The DocBook Technical Committee continues the active development of
>   the DocBook schema. In the past few months, we've released the first
>   official XML version of DocBook as well as an updated SGML version.
>   We've also released EBNF, MathML, and HTML Forms modules. Upcoming
>   work items include the V5.0 DTDs, a simplified DTD, an SVG module, and
>   exploration of new schema languages.

I reckon you've probably submitted it to Karl already, but FWIW, it
looks great to me. But if you _haven't_ submitted it yet, I wonder if
you've thought about mentioning the FDL licensing of TDG. I realize
it's a separate work from the DTD, but if it serves as the official
reference documentation for the DTD, seems like maybe the change is
worth mentioning.

BTW, I'm now mostly settled in in Tokyo. I would have responded before
now, but today is the first chance I've had to get into the office and
check e-mail. No net access from the "weekly mansion" where I'm
staying, but I've got a new mobile phone and should be getting a
wireless card for my laptop soon , so should be able to call into the
next TC telcon at the normal time.

  --Mike
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →