Re: [docbook-tc] Re: allow resourceref on structure?

From
Robert Stayton
Date
2011-09-12T07:03:00+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [docbook-tc] Re: allow resourceref on structure?
Hi Larry, I was almost convinced by your arguments.  However, they may make us re-examine the  module element.  You said:
> I think making structure a container AND a mechanism for designating content will be
> harder to explain ...  The module element is also a container and a mechanism for designating content.  The  content model is:
db.module = db.resource.module
db.container.module  The container version does not take a resourceref attribute. It is replaced by an  element whose name is designated by its renderas value (either its @renderas or its  child output element's @renderas), but provides no other content.  The resource  version of module requires a resourceref that pulls in content from a resource.  Essentially my proposal is to make structure a specialized version of module, one that  can appear only at the top level.  If we can explain the two roles for module, then I  think calling structure the  "root module" will be straightforward to explain.  Bob Stayton Sagehill Enterprises